5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 19
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Tuesday, June 19, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another beautiful day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 69. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. (sunrise, 5:05 a.m.; low tide, 5:48 a.m.; high tide, 12:06 p.m.; low tide, 5:52 p.m.; sunset, 8:24 p.m.)
2. Ever wonder what a playground would look like in front of Abbot Hall? Columbia Pictures film crews are expected to construct a playground set off of Washington Square this afternoon. Click Here for all the details.
3. The Cemetery Commission will meet tonight at Waterside Cemetery on West Shore Drive. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion about an ongoing restoration project at Old Burial Hill, according to the posted agenda.
4. As part of this week's Let's Settle This column, Marblehead Patch has set out to settle the question of what makes someone a "Header" once and for all. Do you know what makes someone a true 'Header?' Click Here to cast your vote.
5. Today in History: On June 19, 1846, the first officially recorded organized baseball match took place in Hoboken, N.J. The New York Base Ball Club defeated the Knickerbockers 23-1.
For more things going on in Marblehead tomorrow, check out our events calendar.