5 Things (And a Beached Boat) Jan. 3
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Thursday, Jan. 3, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You'll want to bundle up for a freezing day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 22. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low are 20. (sunrise, 7:13 a.m.; low tide, 8:54 a.m.; high tide, 3:03 p.m.; sunset, 4:23 p.m.)
2. Wonder what's going on with that Marblehead sailboat you've seen online that has been beached in South Boston for weeks? We tracked down a representative of the Boston Police Department's Harbor Patrol Division who had a few answers for us. Click Here for our full story.
3. The case against a Peabody man accused of raping a Marblehead woman in a Washington Street apartment building Sunday evening came into focus in court Wednesday afternoon. Click Here for our full story.
4. Marblehead High School's varsity swim team will hit the road this afternoon to take on Revere at Garfield School. The meet is scheduled to begin at 4:30 p.m., so if you're free consider stopping by to cheer them on.
5. Today in History: On Jan. 3, 1496, Leonardo da Vinci unsuccessfully tested a flying machine.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.