5 Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 23
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Thursday, Feb. 23, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. After a wet start, it should be another beautiful day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect showers this morning. Otherwise it should be sunny, with a high near 50. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 35. (low tide, 5:46 a.m.; sunrise, 6:29 a.m.; high tide, 12:03 p.m.; sunset, 5:25 p.m.)
2. A woman was taken to the hospital Wednesday evening after rolling her vehicle over the anchor at the entrance to Devereux Beach. Marblehead Patch will be posting additional information about the accident as it becomes available today.
3. A local man pleaded innocent Wednesday in Lynn District court to charges of committing a drug violation near a park and possessing a class D substance (marijuana) with intent to distribute. Officers reportedly pulled him over near Starbucks on Pleasant Street Tuesday afternoon.
4. Marblehead High School's girls' varsity hockey team will hit the road this afternoon to take on Bishop Fenwick at the O'Keefe Memorial Rink on Lowell Street in Peabody. The game is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 23, 1991, US ground troops crossed the Saudi Arabian border and entered Iraq, beginning the ground phase of the Gulf War.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.