5 Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 13
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Monday, Feb. 13, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be another chilly winter day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 36. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 26. (sunrise, 6:42 a.m.; low tide, 10:04 a.m.; high tide, 4:18 p.m.; sunset, 5:13 p.m.)
2. Marblehead resident Ron Cooper, 33, set two world records at the Lynch/van Otterloo YMCA Sunday morning. Cooper successfully completed 63 push-ups in a minute with a 40-pound pack on his back - and cranked out 36 pull-ups over the same span. Check out the video here.
3. Marblehead High School's Alpine Skiing Team will be competing in MBSLE races at Blue Hill Ski Area in Canton this evening. The team's bus is scheduled to leave the high school at 3:15 p.m.
4. The town's Finance Committee will meet tonight in the lower-level conference room of the Mary Alley Municipal Building on Widger Road. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a review of the town's 2013 budget, according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 13, 1954, Frank Selvy became the only NCAA Divison I basketball player in history to score 100 points in a single game.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.