5 Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 5
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Wednesday, Dec. 5, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another beautiful day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be cloudy, with a high near 53. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 29. (sunrise, 6:58 a.m.; low tide, 9:22 a.m.; high tide, 3:32 p.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.)
2. We’re launching our annual Deck the House Contest to find the most over-the-top holiday decorations in America—the best “decked” house in the country. If this sounds like your house, upload a photo or video of your home to our contest page from Nov. 26 to Dec. 16.
3. The Old Town House Oversight Committee will meet this morning in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 10 a.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding an upcoming restoration project, according to the posted agenda.
4. Local police officers reportedly arrested a male prostitute in the parking lot of Devereux Beach Friday night for allegedly offering to perform sexual acts on an undercover officer for $60. Click Here for the full story.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 5, 1933, Prohibition officially ended in the United States.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.