5 Things (And 12-12-12) Dec. 12
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Wednesday, Dec. 12, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be noticeably chillier today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 41. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 30. (sunrise, 7:04 a.m.; high tide, 9:30 a.m.; low tide, 3:55 p.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.)
2. Don't forget! Today is 12-12-12, so don't be surprised if you see people celebrating at 12:12 p.m. This is the last time this century that this will occur, so if 12 is you're lucky number, today is your day.
3. The Board of Selectmen will meet tonight in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a hearing regarding Casa Corona's bid for Marblehead's first carry-in all-alcoholic beverage license.
4. Looking to welcome winter to town? The winter solstice ceremony will be held at the Preston Beach Sun Circle Friday morning at 7 a.m. The actual solstice occurs at 6:03 a.m. Friday everywhere on Earth.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 12, 2000, the United States Supreme Court released its decision in Bush vs. Gore.
Fore more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.