5 Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 8
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Wednesday, Aug. 8, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful summer day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 69. (sunrise, 5:43 a.m.; low tide, 10:13 a.m.; high tide, 4:33 p.m.; sunset, 7:54 p.m.)
2. The Tall Ship Lynx will draw a throng of local residents to the shores of Chandlery Hovey Park and Fort Sewall as it sails into Marblehead Harbor this afternoon. The ship is expected to arrive at 3 p.m. Click Here for a video from last summer's arrival.
3. The Board of Selectmen will meet tonight in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding planned renovations at the Old Town House, according to the posted agenda.
4. Did you see the Google Maps car driving around Marblehead yesterday? Geoff Kleinman did and he was nice enough to send along this photograph of the map-mobile making its way down Rockaway Street. Did you snap a photo of the Google Maps car? Let us know!
5. Today in History: On Aug. 8, 1876, Thomas Edison received a patent for his mimeograph, a low-cost printing press.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.