5 Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 29
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Wednesday, Aug. 29, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another beautiful summer day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 71. Tonight should be clear, with a low around 59. (sunrise, 6:05 a.m.; high tide, 10:01 a.m.; low tide, 3:56 p.m.; sunset, 7:21 p.m.)
2. Hungry Betty's Bar & Grille is set to return next month with a new owner, a new chef and a new look. On Tuesday, we were offered a sneak peek inside the Village Plaza restaurant, which is expected to reopen in early September. Click Here for a sneak peek inside.
3. More details are emerging surrounding the alleged drunken driving accident that claimed the life of a local musician in October. The other driver in the accident, Daniel Murillo-Robles, 21, of East Boston, was arraigned in Lynn District Court on vehicular homicide charges last week. Click Here for our full story.
4. A judge ordered a Marblehead teen held on $17,500 cash bail in Lynn District Court Tuesday for his role in an alleged armed robbery at Phillips Park Sunday night. Click Here to read the full story.
5. Today in History: On Aug. 29, 1758, the first American Indian Reservation was established at Indian Mills, New Jersey.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.