5 Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 24
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Friday, Aug. 24, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful summer day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 76. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 64. (sunrise, 6:00 a.m.; low tide, 10:51 a.m.; high tide, 5:10 p.m.; sunset, 7:30 p.m.)
2. Are you getting excited for Marblehead's big Olympic Celebration at Abbot Hall next month? The Marblehead Forever Committee has nailed down the time, date and location of the party honoring gold medal winner Kayla Harrison, marathoner Shalane Flanagan and rower Sara Hendershot. Click Here for the details.
3. All this summer, you've nominated and voted for your favorite Marblehead businesses in categories ranging from Best Bartender to Best Landscaper and now the results are in! Click Here to see who won our 2012 Readers' Choice contest.
4. Does Marblehead really need a turf field at the high school? We decided to make the issue of a turf field the topic of this week's Does Marblehead Need One? column. Click Here to share your opinion on this polarizing local issue.
5. Today in History: On Aug. 24, 1682, William Penn received the area that is now the state of Delaware and added it to his colony of Pennsylvania.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.