5 Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 22
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Wednesday, Aug. 22, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another picture-perfect day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 78. Otherwise, it will be mostly clear, with a low around 60. (sunrise, 5:58 a.m.; low tide, 9:06 a.m.; high tide, 3:21 p.m.; sunset, 7:33 p.m.)
2. Marblehead Youth Baseball Players defeated Peabody Tuesday night at Forest River Park in Salem and were crowned the champions of this year's Ray Gallant Baseball Tournament. Click Here for all the details.
3. The Board of Selectmen will meet tonight in the Selectmen's Meeting Room at Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion about a technology grant, according to the posted agenda.
4. Somebody give this tree a parking ticket! It's been a little more than a year since we offered our readers a closer look at this tree on Maverick Street and the local tree warden said it is probably time it came down. Click Here for the full story.
5. Today in History: On Aug. 22, 2004, a version of The Scream and Madonna, two paintings by Edvard Munch, were stolen at gunpoint from a museum in Oslo, Norway.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.