5 Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 21
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Tuesday, Aug. 21, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Aside from a passing thundershower, it should be another nice day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect isolated showers and thunderstorms after 11 a.m. Otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. (sunrise, 5:57 a.m.; low tide, 8:18 a.m.; high tide, 2:33 p.m.; sunset, 7:35 p.m.)
2. If you happen to spot what looks like a yoga class taking place in the middle of Marblehead Harbor, you're not seeing things - and no, those aren't state-of-the-art aquatic yoga mats. Click Here for the full story.
3. Have you stopped by Soall Bistro since they held their grand opening earlier this month? The Vietnamese restaurant at Village Plaza recently unveiled a revamped menu. Click Here for all the details.
4. The Old and Historic Districts Commission will meet tonight in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion about several downtown building projects, according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Aug. 21,1959, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed an executive order proclaiming Hawaii the 50th state of the union.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.