5 Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 16
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Thursday, Aug. 16, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You should be prepared for some more wet weather today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 77. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 66. (sunrise, 5:51 a.m.; high tide, 11:03 a.m.; low tide, 4:56 p.m.; sunset, 7:42 p.m.)
2. Wonder what sold in Marblehead recently? Here's this week's list of five houses in town that recently sold. Click Here to see the list, which includes photographs of the homes as well as their list and sale prices.
3. The Glover Building Committee will meet tonight on Widger Road. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding the future of Glover School, according to the posted agenda.
4. Looking to stay up-to-speed on all the latest restaurant news in Marblehead? Click Here for a look at this month's Marblehead Patch Food Column, which offers a round-up of North Shore food news recently published on area Patch sites.
5. Today in History: On Aug. 16, 1989, a solar flare created a geomagnetic storm that affected microchips, which led to a halt of all trading on Toronto's stock market.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.