5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 26
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Thursday, April 26, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Be prepared for some more wet weather tonight. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect showers, mainly after 5 p.m. and a daily high near 55. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 45. (sunrise, 5:44 a.m.; low tide, 9:19 a.m.; high tide, 3:36 p.m.; sunset, 7:38 p.m.)
2. At their meeting Wednesday night, the Board of Selectmen unanimously approved the appointment of officer Michael J. Everett Jr. as the police department's newest lieutenant, effective May 6. Click Here for the full story.
3. Marblehead High School's boys' lacrosse team will take on Beverly this afternoon at Piper Field. The game is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on.
4. Marblehead's Cultural Council will meet tonight at the Marblehead Community Center on Humphrey Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion about a recently conducted Community Input Survey.
5. Today in History: On April 26, 1962, NASA's Ranger 5 spacecraft crashed into the moon.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.